Free radicals are also called “dissociated radicals” in Chemistry. They are atomic groups with an unpaired electron. During the formation of molecules from atoms, the electrons in a chemical bond must appear in pairs. Thereupon a free radical that has an unpaired electron go around to seize an electron from other substances, so that it can become a stable substance. In Chemistry, this phenomenon is called “oxidation”. In our biological system, the free radicals that we mostly come upon are the oxygen free radicals, commonly known as active oxygen. The active oxygen free radicals in vivo have certain functions, for example to maintain body´s immunity and the process of signals transmission. But excessive active oxygen free radicals will damage the cells and tissues of human body, thus giving rise to many illnesses, namely heart disease, senile dementia, the Parkinson disease and tumor. In addition, the sun radiation, air pollution, smoke, pesticides etc of our external environment will cause the human body to produce a large amount of active oxygen free radicals and mutate the nucleic acid. This is the root cause of the aging process and disease of the human kind.
Ways to Reduce Free Radicals:
- Refrain from smoking: Scientific research shows that smoking is the fastest way to produce the largest number of free radicals. Every inhalation of smoke will give rise to more than 100,000 free radicals and will cause systemic cancer, and expedite the growth of cancer cells. It especially increases the risk of lung cancer up to more than 50 times. Smoking also causes many chronic diseases, namely coronary artery disease and diabetes. Research also shows that secondhand smoke is just as detrimental as firsthand smoke.
- Reduce high heat oil and smoke in cooking: Chinese like to deep-fry or stir-fry dishes using oil, especially the salad oil. Salad oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acid, which is easily oxidized into free radicals. A recent research shows that the safer oils are those that contain more than 50% of mono-unsaturated fatty acid, for example, olive oil that contains 70% unsaturated fatty acid is good edible oil. One should try to reduce the intake of deep-fried or stir-fried food. For the sake of your health, try to avoid eating out at the American or the Chinese fast food restaurants.
- Reduce the intake of western drugs: some drugs contain substances detrimental to our health, for example, antibiotics, antipyrotic, anodyne and chemotherapeutic drugs etc produce free radicals. The myth is that drugs can cure illnesses when one is sick and protect the body when one is well. When one is sick one should seek the doctor´s advice and take health supplements only when it is necessary.
- Avoid pesticides contamination: Pesticides will rise to a large number of free radicals. When one picks fruits or vegetables at the store, one should not choose those that look perfect. The produce that has small parts eaten by worms are more likely safer and contains less pesticides. Another way to reduce the pesticide residuals is to keep the fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator for a day or two before consuming it. This way can reduce the residuals of pesticides as much as 80 – 90%. One should also clean the refrigerator on a regular basis.
- Drink plenty of clean water: One should drink at least 2 liter of water daily to maintain health. Researchers in Taiwan found that more than 80% of Taiwanese have excessive heavy metals residuals in their bodies. Therefore we should be more aware of the importance of drinking plenty of clean water everyday. Natural, QC passed mineral water and weak alkaline, electrolyzed water are good choices.
- Consume more vegetables and fruits: The ratio of the intake amount of fruits and vegetables and that of meat in a healthy diet is 7:3. In fruits and vegetables, there are plenty of natural free radicals scavengers, namely vitamins and isoflavones, as well as fibers that promote the peristalsis of intestines. It is best to take raw fruits and vegetables as vitamins and isoflavones are easily lost with heat. Take vegetables and fruits with a variety of colors to ensure that the body is supplied with the whole range of vitamins and isoflavones.
- Reduce the intake of animal fat: Fish, eggs, milk, and beans are rich in protein and therefore should be consumed regularly. However, researches show that food high in fat and protein will be mutated and will produce carcinogenic substances when they are processed with high heat, smoke and grill. High heat will disintegrate protein and amino acids in food and give rise to amine derivatives that are carcinogenic.
- Reduce the intake of processed food: In food processing, normally chemicals like artificial food coloring, preservatives and artificial flavor will be added. Such substances will give rise to free radicals in the body.
JT Cordyceps :
They have superoxide dismutases that eliminate free radicals, delay aging, inhibit the growth of cancer / tumor cells. more info
Immunity is the defense system of the human body; it is the ability of the body to recognize and destroy any objects that invade the body (bacteria, virus etc), and to recognize and get rid of old, damaged, dead or mutated cells, or cells that have been infected by viruses. The modern immunology believes that immunity is the biological reaction of the human body to recognize and eliminate “those that are different from oneself”. The immune system of the body carries out such tasks.
Reasons of Reduced Immunity:
- Mental stress: Restlessness, nervousness and mental burdens of the likes will bring about detrimental effects to the autonomic nervous system. The autonomic nerves and the endocrine systems are closely related to the immune system. Illnesses that are due to accumulated fatigue are difficult to be remedied.
- Physical tiredness: Lack of sleep or physical exhaustion will likewise add to the burden of the autonomic nervous system. At the same time, it will bring about negative.
- Pessimism: Being overly pessimistic will reduce the immunity of the body. Therefore it is vital to always maintain a pleasant mood.
- Imbalanced diet: Irregular meal schedule and imbalanced diet will cause malnutrition which lead to deterioration of the body´s immune system.
- Lack of exercise: Lack of exercise decreases the energy level and stamina. When the energy level and stamina are low, the body becomes susceptible to fatigue and the body´s immunity decreases.
- Excessive use of antibacterial products: The market provides us with way too many antibacterial drugs and commercial products. When our environment is too hygienic and sterile, our immune system will get used to the hygiene and sterility of the environment. As a result, our body´s immunity
Ways to Increase Body Immunity:
- Sleep is closely related to body immunity. Some renowned immunologist discovered that good quality sleep can significantly increase the numbers of two types of lymphocytes in the body. Medical researchers show that during sleep, the human body will produce sleep hormones that are called muramic acid that will increase the number of white blood cells that attack and eliminate viruses and bacterias that invade the body, thus detoxify the body and increase body´s immunity.
- Maintain a cheerful and optimistic mood can ensure that the body´s health stays at the optimum level. Nowadays, people generally face a lot of pressure. The humongous mental pressure will increase the number of hormones that are detrimental to the body´s immune system. As a result we are susceptible to cold and many other illnesses.
- Avoid unrestrained drinking: Do not take more than 100ml white wine, 250ml yellow wine or more than a bottle of beer. Alcohol will harm each and every part of the human body. Even if drinking wine can reduce cholesterol, we should limit it to one glass a day. Excessive drinking will damage the blood cells and organs such as the heart and the liver.
- Researchers show that 30 – 45 minute workout daily, five times a week for 12 consecutive weeks will increase the number of immune cells and thus enhancing the defense system of the body. The workout does not have to be intense; it is a good workout as long as the rate of heartbeat increases. A slow jog after dinner would be appropriate.
- Take vitamin and mineral supplements daily. Researchers show that the number and vigor of weapons against invaders of the body, namely interferons and various types of immune cells are closely related to the presence (or absence) of vitamins and minerals.
JT Ganoderma :
It contains polysaccharides that increase the body´s immunity and regulate blood pressure. more info
JT Cordyceps :
It contains the trace element Selenium which increase the body´s immunity.. more info
Under normal circumstances, in metabolism, the food that we take will pass through the esophagus, the stomach, the duodenum, the small and the large intestines, and lastly it will be discharged from the anus. The whole process usually takes 12 – 24 hours; if this is the case, human wastes will not remain in the intestines for too long. If human wastes remain in the body for long, the toxins will be absorbed by the human body and that leads to poisoning. Even though our body has the ability to guard against toxins, fatigue, stress or other mental reasons will cause disorder of metabolism and the endocrine system. As a result, the toxin will remain in the body for a long period of time. When the residual wastes start to decay, the bacteria in the colons will disintegrate the waste and thus produce toxins. These toxins will again be absorbed by the colons and contaminate the environment in vivo, and enter the organs through blood circulation, thus giving rise to a variety of illnesses, namely memory deterioration, fatigue, pale and grayish / yellowing complexion, constipation, hemorrhoids, endocrine disorder, obesity etc.
JT Ganoderma :
It contains Ganoderic acid and the trace element selenium which can protect the liver and detoxify the body, i.e. eliminates toxins, contaminants such as heavy metals out of the body. more info
Mental pressure is the negative emotions namely anxiety, nervousness, distress and affliction etc that we give rise to when we encounter certain circumstances. These emotions are usually repressive, addictive and stagnant. As a result we tend to repeatedly experience them without realizing it.
The Consequences of Mental Pressure:
- Mental pressure causes the nervous system to give signals to release adrenalines and cortical hormones which increase the rate of heart beat, contract the cardiac muscles, increase the blood pressure and blood glucose, which lead to heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.
- The increment in muscles tone will lead to tension headache, migraine and muscles sore.
- The digestive system will be affected; the result is constipation and accumulation of toxin in the body.
- The reproductive system will be affected; the result is impotence, irregular menstrual cycles and menstrual cramps.
Ways to Relieve Mental Stress:
- Light, calm and melodious music will soothe the nerves and encourage positive emotions. Therefore, it is advisable for someone who is in a tense work / study environment to listen to some light and soothing music.
- Traveling to the nature away from the hustle and bustle of the urban city will help relieve mental stress. A sojourn in a place with a slow pace of life will give us a new perspective of live and recharge us with energy.
- Consciously relax the speed of life and allocate some time during the day when we absolutely do nothing. There is a difference between being at ease and being bored. When we live at the present moment and be at ease we enjoy life as it is and become less susceptible to mental stress.
- Solve all problems with equanimity and composure. Even if we make mistakes, do not blame ourselves and think of negative thoughts of self guilt. Simply face the reality with courage and admit that there is a limit to our ability. When we encounter certain things that are beyond our capability, honestly say “no”; we´ll feel much relieved than to force ourselves to keep on doing it.
- Confide in good friends or soul mates. Confiding in someone not only can strengthen the friendship and trust between the two persons, it can relax the mind and dispel all negative emotions.
JT Cordyceps :
It contains mannitol which reduces the cranial pressure and promote metabolism. more info
JT Ganoderma :
It contains Ganoderic acid and adenosine which soothes the nerves, relieves pain, enhance sleep quality and increase the ability of red blood cells to carry oxygen. more info
Male Sexual Dysfunction
In conjunction with the Tenth World Men´s Health Day, the Chinese Sexual Health Society announced the latest statistical report on men´s health. The report shows that currently men´s health is worrisome. Prostatic hyperplasia, infection on sexual organ and sexual dysfunction are the three main diseases that top the list of woes of men´s health. This report serves as an alarm to us that such problems must be prevented, diagnosed and / or cured as soon as possible to reduce the harm that they will bring about to family and society..
Ways to Prevent Male Sexual Dysfunction:
- Reduce the intake of salt and seasoning, as well as processed food. Diet high in salt will increase the risk of gastric cancer. Long term intake of diet high in salt will lead to chronic poisoning, shorten the lifespan, expedite aging and cause sexual dysfunction.
- Avoid excessive drinking. Frequent intake of alcohol will increase the risks of liver cancer, oral cancer, intestinal cancer, esophagus cancer and the likes. Alcohol decreases the body´s immunity, reduces the ability of liver to detoxify the body and increases the absorption of carcinogenic substances in the stomach. Excessive intake of alcohol significantly increases the risk of male sexual dysfunction.
- Avoid smoking. The smoke from a burning cigarette contains more than 40 types of carcinogenic substances. Of all types of cancer, 1/3 of them are related to smoking, for example, lung cancer, esophagus cancer, gastric cancer, kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer and bladder cancer. The risk of lung cancer of a smoker is ten times higher than that of a non-smoker. The risk of lung cancer of those who are exposed to secondhand smoke is 5 times higher than those who are not. The risk of cancer is proportional to the amount of smoke intake and the length of exposure. Therefore we should be more proactive in discouraging smoking. The risk of sexual dysfunction of a smoker is 10 times higher than a non-smoker.
- Avoid unrestrained sexual activities. Excessive sexual life will lead to deficiencies of kidney which end in sexual dysfunction.
- Avoid chronic fatigue. When one is constantly fatigued one is exposed to the risks of sexual dysfunction.
JT Yik Kang Lor :
It contains Radix Morindae officinalis, Herba Cistanches, Herba Epimedii, Cordyceps Militaris and other precious herbal health supplements. Its main function is to nourish the kidney and the male essence, as well as to strengthen muscles and bones. more info